Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Back To Work

Well, Easy and I are back on the volunteer trail.  We left Deming last Friday enroute to Hobbs, NM and Habitat for Humanity.  Last year I signed up for four weeks in Hobbs and ended up staying nine months.  This year I'm signed up for two weeks.  We'll see how that turns out.  In route to Hobbs I stopped at Oliver Lee State Park in Alamogordo, NM.

Oliver Lee State Park in Alamogordo, NM.
Oliver Lee State Park in Alamogordo, NM.
Oliver Lee State Park in Alamogordo, NM.
Oliver Lee State Park in Alamogordo, NM.



From there I stopped at Brantley Lake State Park in Carlsbad, NM.

Brantley Lake State Park in Carlsbad, NM
Brantley Lake State Park in Carlsbad, NM

Brantley Lake State Park in Carlsbad, NM
Brantley Lake State Park in Carlsbad, NM


My plan is to volunteer in Hobbs for two weeks then move on to a Llama rescue in Kerrville, TX. from there on to Canyon Lake, TX with the NOMADS for rebuilding homes destroyed or damaged by flash flooding from a tropical storm that occurred on Memorial weekend, 2015. From there I saunter over to Lexington, TX to help out on an organic farm.  Some time in April I should be arriving in Livingston, TX to volunteer at Escapees CARE which is sorta like an assisted living facility for RVers.

McKinley Street in Hobbs, NM
McKinley Street in Hobbs, NM

This street above is McKinley Street in Hobbs, NM.  When I first arrived here in January 2015 they were just finishing the second house from the left.  Now, March 2016 we are completing the sixth house and completing a new block of home owners in this neighborhood.  The next phase is to repeat the process in the lot seen in the foreground.

Leonard



No comments:

Post a Comment