Sunday, October 30, 2016

Bucket List


Morgan Freeman Explains, "The Bucket List".

The full official trailer of "The Bucket List"

People ask me from time to time, "What's on my bucket list?"  I have to reply, "I don't really have a bucket list".  They want to know if there are things that I feel I just have to do before I "kick the bucket".  I think for me it's more of a bucket statement.  

I want to go somewhere I haven't gone yet.
I want to do something I haven't done yet.
I want to see something I haven't seen yet.


Of all the species now or ever in existence we, humans, have the ability to experience, learn and appreciate our life's experiences.  Our's is not an instinctive response but an actual appreciation for the experience and it's results.  You can train an animal with rewards and they can respond accordingly time after time.  But the question is, "Do they really appreciate the experience or just the reward?"  Humans can reflect on the experience time and again even if never having the experience reoccur.  Humans can enjoy the experience over and over in their minds and share it with other humans. 

Life is so short that I find it difficult to select a numerical amount of places, events or things that I feel I must do before I can't do anything anymore.  After 64 years of existence I'm finding out that I hardly know a sliver of the things that exist that I would love to see or do before that time.

I am fulfilling my Bucket Statement by volunteering at various entities and seeing the world as I go.

Below are a few things I would never have thought to put on a bucket list but all fit the bill of my bucket statement.  These were all:

Somewhere I haven't gone yet.
Something I haven't done yet.
Something I haven't seen yet.

There is no way I could have pre-thought these things as something I wanted to see or do but all were thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated. There are more things I have had the privilege to experience that are not listed here.












So, my Bucket Statement is:

I want to wake up tomorrow,
I want to go somewhere I haven't gone yet.
I want to do something I haven't done yet.
I want to see something I haven't seen yet.

Until I can't do it anymore.

And as always stay safe and...

Happy travels,

Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment