Sunday, October 12, 2014

Idle Hour Lake

Well, here I am in Altamont, KS at Idle Hour Lake North.  It's a nice quiet small campground.  There's a north campground and a south campground.  I'm in the north campground where you can get a nice view of the lake.  The south campground doesn't have a good view of the lake but is wooded with shaded campsites.  There are full hookups with 20/30/50 amp service.  There is tent camping and also group camping areas.  

There are available bathrooms and showers.  There are laundry facilities on site with an iron and ironing board.  There is also WiFi available.  

 I'll try my hand at seasonal work at Amazon while I'm here.  They pay your campground fees and utilities.  Free rent, and get paid too.  Who would'a thunk it?






There are three lakes.
This is the main lake.

Laundry room and take a book - leave a book library.








From across the lake.




Frisby Golf course.



Lake residents.

Kansas wildlife.





If all goes according to plan I'll be here until just before Christmas.  I'll post events as I visit neighboring towns of Coffeyville, Parsons, Joplin, Tulsa and others.  So far I've found out that Coffeyville, Kansas is The Town That Stopped the Dalton Gang.  Who knows what else I'll find out.  With Halloween fast approaching there are several Haunted Places Near Altamont, KS to check out.

You can keep up by using the FOLLOW BY EMAIL box at the top of this page.

Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment