Sunday, May 24, 2015

Stain Wood With Snapple Iced Tea

This is certainly not a new idea. People have stained wood for years with such things as food coloring, clothing dye, berries and just about any other colored liquid you can imagine.

If you've been following my slow moving school bus conversion project you'll know that I'm converting a school bus to live, work and travel in. Right now I have an OSB board for a kitchen countertop. I've been kicking around what kind of countertop I wanted to make but I knew that I wanted to embed a map of the US in it. A friend donated me a load of 40 year old cedar planking and the wheels started turning. I purchased a map puzzle of the US on Etsy.com and the rest is history.

See entire process at Instructables.com.  

Stick around... There's more to come.
Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment